About Ink

  • Paper is made up of cellulose fibres from trees and other like materials. During the making of the paper, the fibres form a mesh with a 60:40 ratio. 60% of the fibres run in one direction, and the other 40% lie at right angles to the other fibres.
  • Paper is also 5% (average) water. If it weren’t it would be as brittle as an autumn leaf.
  • Paper is also chemically treated and finished depending on the end use. For example, newspaper is a very coarse paper, where Bond paper, frequently found in office letters, is a high-grade paper with many finishing chemical additives. The lighter the grade of paper and the more chemically finished, the better the quality.